There’s no denying social media’s impact on global connectivity and communication. You may have personal accounts on the three largest social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – but your business should have a presence as well. Here are our top marketing tips for building brand awareness, increasing customers and growing sales on social media.
With over one billion users worldwide, Facebook is the king of social media. If you create a business page on only one platform, choose Facebook. Here are the tools to maximize your results:
- Videos: Video marketing boosts customer engagement and increases conversions, both of which lead to more sales.
- Paid advertising: Facebook ads target specific demographics and geolocations for an excellent return on investment.
- Eye-catching visuals: The average Facebook user has an eight-second attention span, so visuals are an effective They can also trigger an emotional response in a single glance.
- Influencer marketing: The easiest way to partner with influencers is to offer them a chance to use your product in exchange for feedback. This spreads the word about your business and can instantly affect your reputation and visibility.
- Chatbots: These computer programs are designed to simulate human conversation. They offer immediacy, provide a personal connection and make sure no opportunity is lost.
Engage with customers and vendors on Twitter with these tools:
- Limited links: Contrary to what you might think, tweets without links receive more engagement than those with links, so limit the amount you share.
- Hashtags: Google indexes every tweet on Twitter, which is good news for search engine optimization (SEO). Hashtags are especially useful tools for SEO, so build a library for your business and draw from industry tags as well. Plan to use about two hashtags per tweet.
- Acknowledgments: When someone mentions you on Twitter, strengthen your presence further by favoriting or replying to the tweet or offering a shout out.
- Twitter cards: This tool is helpful for building a following. The more people who follow you, the greater your opportunity for generating clients.
Engagement from the 80 million US Instagram users is 10 times higher than on Facebook and 84 times higher than on Twitter, making it a viable part of your social strategy. Use these tools to put your best foot forward:
- Business account: Converting to a business account gives you more features, including analytics and Instagram Ads.
- Hashtags: You can benefit from hashtags on Instagram just like you can on Twitter.
- Customer focus: Like, comment on and share your followers’ photo, and respond to their comments on your posts.
- High quality: Instagram is about images, so only share high-quality photos and videos.
- Contests and giveaways: Offer something valuable to help build your following and get people talking about your brand.
Every business should be on social media, and now you know how to maximize your presence! For more help furthering your marketing efforts, contact John Manlove Marketing & Communications at 281-487-6767.